Sunday, October 23, 2011

Super Easy and Very Yummy!

For the first time ever I made homemade chicken noodle soup  - and it was delicious! It was so good I decided to share the recipe with you!

Thanks for Food Network for the recipe! It takes about 10 minutes prep time, 20 minutes or so cook time, and serves four.

Ingredients:

1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
1/2 cup water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 lbs. egg noodles (the recipe calls for wide, but I used Amish from the bakery section of Kroger)
1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (meat from about one breast - I poached my chicken then used my mixer to shred it. It's a super easy trick to shred chicken!)
1 tablespoon whole flat-leaf parsley leaves, and/or 1 tablespoon fresh dill fronds for garnish (I didn't do either)


Directions:

Put the onion, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, chicken broth, and water in a medium pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until the vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.

Add the noodles and cook until tender, 5-8 minutes (depending upon the size of the noodles). Add the chicken, warm through, and then adjust the seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley and dill if desired.


I promise this recipe is simple and delectable. I'm thinking of making another batch of it again this week for dinner and using leftovers for lunch. If you try it, let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment