Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Quarter of a Century Celebration, pt. 2

I left off the last post right before I told you how we celebrated the evening of my birthday. Once my Dad and Patty left town, Elizabeth, Jeni, Brandon and I went out to dinner at Demo's. I wrote a Taste of Nashville about Demo's a while back, so check that out if you want to read about the restaurant itself. Instead of telling you about the food, I'll share with you about the company.

I wanted an intimate dinner with close friends before hanging out with a large group, so our close friends Jenn & Kevin and Nicole & J.L. joined the four of us at Demo's. I loved this group of individuals - we had a great conversation throughout dinner and Jenn made sure to have the waiter bring me a birthday dessert and sing Happy Birthday to me (I was partly entertained and mostly embarrassed). Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures at dinner, so I dont have any to post of that portion of the evening.

After dinner the eight of us walked over to The Stage, our favorite honky tonk establishment (there's always good country music played there!). A few of our co-workers joined us here. One of the most entertaining parts of the evening was our random round of pictures taken of each person present on the hour, every hour. Just for kicks, I've included a few in addition to the 'normal' pictures from the evening:

Me, Jenn, and Nicole

J.L., me, and Brandon

Kevin, me, Elizabeth and Jeni

Brandon and I

Ha! Random picture of the hour for Jeni

Hey good lookin' - Brandon's random picture of the hour

J.L., we wont hurt you! 

Hey Chris! Random picture of the hour

I love this picture of the ladies!

I love him, but he looks SO tired!


After our stint at The Stage, we decided to go to the Wildhorse Saloon for a little line dancing. Unfortunately, when we arrived, it was closing for the night :( We were bummed, but didn't let it ruin our night. We went back to The Stage because just as we left, a new band started playing and they focused on covering rock songs from the 80s. It was fun to dance a bit and sing along to the 'oldies'.

I had a SUPER fun birthday celebration and, as mentioned in my last post, began the next year of my life right: with close friends around, having tons of fun together. My next post will be about Brandon and I's first Preds game (Nashville's NHL team), so look forward to that! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration! I love you. Happy Birthday to my dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that red top! Happy Bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had SO much fun :) I wish every day could be your birthday!

    P.S. That is a hilarious picture of JL!

    ReplyDelete