Monday, November 21, 2011

Headed to the Homeland

I love this time of year - there are so many wonderful things associated with it. Every year Christmas seems to come a little earlier, and although many will disagree, I'll admit I'm ok with Christmas music, lights, trees, cards, etc. in November. In my opinion, Christmas really is the merriest time of year, so why not let it last longer than 25 days? To be completely honest, I'm almost finished writing and addressing my Christmas cards and I've been listening to Christmas music since before Halloween. Also, the only reason our tree isn't up yet is because I've been too busy with work to get it out of the box. :)

Brandon and I are originally from Ohio and we'll be headed back for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We're definitely excited to be around our family and friends for the holidays. Since moving away, we've learned how important it is to cherish each and every moment we are able to spend with the people we love. I think Brandon is really looking forward to Thanksgiving food too - he's a huge fan of the traditional turkey day meal (I tend to be a bigger fan of traditional Christmas meals though).

One thing we're not looking forward to is the colder weather! It's been a bit rainy in Nashville, but temps are still in the mid 60s. We love this about the South (neither of us are cold weather people)! I checked the weather in Ohio and it said the temperature would be in the high 40s or low 50s. I guess this will give us an opportunity to pull out our winter coats from storage and wear the many fall/winter clothes that are in our wardrobe that we haven't had a chance to wear yet.

Although we'll only have a few days in Ohio this time, I already know we'll be so glad we made the trip. Now it's your turn -- What are your Thanksgiving plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment