Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting Involved in Nashville, pt. 2

A few months ago I wrote about how Brandon and I are beginning to get involved with non-profits in Nashville. We both began helping out at church and recently have been giving more time to that - he in the multimedia and audio area and myself in the nursery. We've greatly enjoyed serving at church - it makes us feel good and we're meeting wonderful people!

In addition to my involvement at church, I desire to give back to the Nashville community. I've put my name on two volunteer lists - one, at the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation and the second, the Sexual Assault Center in Nashville. I am passionate about giving my time and energy to a cause I believe in and these two non-profits seemed like a great place to start. I've also thought about contacting a local hospital to see if they have need of a volunteer to cuddle newborns (I need someone else's baby to love on until we have our own).

At the end of November I also became an independent Thirty-One consultant. Thirty-One is a Christian company whose products aim to create organization in a woman's life. I've been buying Thirty-One products for years and have always had the thought in the back of my mind to begin selling Thirty-One, but it never seemed like the 'right' time. Finally, in November, after a lot of thinking, praying, and talking to Brandon about it, I decided to take the plunge. I am using this opportunity as another method to meet people in Nashville. So far I've had a great time meeting other consultants as well as customers. I am still in the beginning stages of my Thirty-One career, but I hope to continue booking parties and building new relationships. If any of you are interested in learning more about booking a party of becoming a consultant, just let me know! Also, you can visit my personal website at www.mythirtyone.com/smatias.

Brandon is focusing his involvement in Nashville on the music industry. He attends workshops once or twice a week about different aspects of the music business and he also co-writes with other songwriters often. He is more passionate than ever about his music and is patiently waiting for God to open more doors for him in the industry.

It's hard to believe we've only lived here for six months - we're laying our foundation and growing some roots and Nashville is quickly becoming home to us. We're very happy with where we are in life and in our marriage and look forward to what the future holds for us. Thank you for reading - we are so grateful for your constant support as we live this adventure!

Our door full of Christmas cards that show us
how much you care for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment