Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A (tardy) Life Update

It's been months since my last post about our life in Nashville. That is mostly a result of the chaos that ensued this past Spring semester. Throughout the months of February, March, and April I was putting in 65 hour weeks at work, which needless to say, didn't leave much time or energy for blogging. But alas, I have returned to a more balanced life and have found time to sit down and write this post.

Brandon and I are doing great - we are happy to begin another summer in Nashville and lately, we've  had time to do some of our favorite things: line dance at the Wildhorse Saloon, horseback ride, and canoe.


One of the most exciting things that's happened to Brandon recently is his music being played on CBS's 'Let's Make a Deal'. The piece used was an instrumental track and was played in a few episodes in November 2011. Although there has been interest in lots of Brandon's work, this is the first time Brandon's music has actually been used. For this reason, it was a milestone in his music career. This event only motivated Brandon more to continue pursuing his music career with more tenacity and perseverance than ever before. I'm so proud of Brandon and am confident that God has big plans for Brandon in the music industry! 

Speaking of music, a couple weeks ago I went to the best concert of my life! My dad and I had tickets to see country music legend Kenny Rogers at the Ford Theatre in Nashville. The theatre only seats 213 and has just 8 rows of seats; it offers the audience a very intimate concert and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Kenny performed for about 2 hours and in between songs he told stories from his six-decade career. It was an amazing concert for many reasons, one of which being that I was able to share the experience with my papa :) 




We have so much more to tell you, our family and friends! We'll continue to update you about our life as we write more posts this summer. As always, please feel free to leave comments with any questions/comments you have for us! Until next time...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment