Saturday, February 4, 2012

Taste of Nashville, Issue 16

Usually, when I review a restaurant I'm fairly nice and not too critical. This week's Taste of Nashville is a bit different. I hope that readers understand that I'm not a negative person and that the bad review below is not a reflection of my personality, but rather of the experience I encountered at this restaurant.

This week's Taste of Nashville is about my experience at Chago's Cantina on Belmont Boulevard. Chago's claims to have authentic mexican cuisine, but that statement hardly holds truth - the food lacks authenticity that any good mexican cuisine should have. I've tried Chago's twice (the second time to with grace to give them a chance to redeem themselves) and both times I've been disappointed. The food is less than satisfying, the prices are more than the food is worth, and the service is absolutely TERRIBLE. 

The first time I went to Chago's I was part of a group of seven. Upon entering, I noticed that the restaurant was not busy. There were larger tables that were taken, but there were plenty of smaller tables available that could have been pushed together to sit my party. Rather than doing this, the hostess made my group wait 20 minutes to be seated. I even asked her if she could push tables together, but she ignored my question. Eventually we were seated and ordered our food. I ate my meal, but was not pleased with the quality of it. After the meal my stomach was upset, as was the stomachs of three others in my party. 

The second time I tried Chago's I only did so because of the proximity of the restaurant to Belmont. Again, I was disappointed in the quality of the food and even more frustrated with the service of the staff. During this visit, the staff was rude and unprofessional - at one point, the staff laughed at a request I had made for more chips, and then proceeded to tell other patrons about the situation, which made me feel embarrassed. 

Needless to say, I will never visit Chago's again. I would also recommend that others stay away from this restaurant. There are many other worthwhile restaurants in Nashville to try that offer better food and service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment