Monday, May 28, 2012

Canoeing the Caney

In the (tardy) update I wrote last week, I mentioned that Brandon and I had gone canoeing recently. This was the first canoe trip that Brandon and I had ever taken together. We found an online deal through Living Social to canoe the Caney River and thought it would be a fun day activity (if you don't subscribe to Living Social, I strongly recommend it - they always have AWESOME deals on some pretty neat activities). We also convinced our great friends, Nicole and JL, to buy the deal too, so that we could enjoy this activity with good company. The four of us travelled about an hour east of Nashville to the Caney River on May 18th for our canoe trip. Thankfully, it was a very warm day - perfect for canoeing! We had a blast on our trip, although Brandon and I both agree that kayaking is a bit more fun because it's more active. Below are a few pictures from our trip.

That's Nicole and JL in the canoe - isn't this picture beautiful? 

Check out the fallen tree to the left of Brandon.
We saw a few fallen trees that day.

JL and Brandon love giving thumbs-up! 

Check out those stylish life jackets.
We didn't realize we could take them off until halfway through our trip.

We saw lots of herons flying around the river.

Nicole and I froze our toes off to get this picture - the water was 55 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment