Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Getting Bikini Ready!

Brandon and I love summer - we love the sun, the heat, and the fun activities that come with summer, especially going to the pool. This summer, we're thankful that we will be able to travel to Myrtle Beach for a week in July. We've already started preparing for our trip by eating healthy and exercising. We want to be sure we're looking good on the beach in our swim suits!! 

To help me keep track of what I'm eating and ensure I'm cutting calories, I've started Weight Watchers. Keeping count of my Weight Watchers points has helped me tremendously! I've already lost almost ten pounds and I'm still going strong! As I mentioned in a post last week, I'm also working out 4-5 times a week. The diet/exercise combination has me feeling healthy and (almost) ready to put on my swim suit. 

Another helpful find I'm using to keep track of my calorie intake is an iPhone app, MyFitnessPal. This app is AMAZING! It's so easy to use - you simply enter the foods you're consuming at meals and it adds the calories for you. It also has a feature (that I LOVE!) to scan the barcode on food products so that you know exactly how many calories you're consuming. Another cool feature is that you can go to a screen that shows you the necessary fat, fiber, protein, and vitamins that you should consume each day and what percent you have eaten vs. how much you still need to eat. MyFitnessPal also has an option to enter your daily exercise and will tell you how many calories you burned. Overall, this app is awesome and I recommend it to anyone and everyone! Try using it for a few days - you'll be surprised how easily those calories add up without you knowing it. This app is great for keeping you on track with calorie control! And best of all, it's free! 

How are you preparing for summer? If you need an accountability partner in order to get in swim suit shape, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment